This policy explains how we collect and use personal data from and about visitors to the Audiogum website hosted at audiogum.com and any of its sub-domains (Website) and any individuals other than our personnel that we may deal with in the course of our business.
As we make changes to our business or our Website, we may need to update this policy. If we make any important changes that affect your rights and interests, we will make sure we bring this to your attention and explain what this means for you.
This policy does not apply to:
- The websites, apps, products or services of any other organisations that you may access through links on our Website
- Any products or services that are described on our Website. Terms relating to our products and services will be provided as necessary
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or wish to exercise any of your rights under data protection law, you should email email@example.com.
Who we are
The Website is operated by Audiogum UK Limited, a private limited company registered in England and Wales under number 10151657 (we/us/our). Our registered office is at Freshford House, Redcliffe Way, Bristol BS1 6NL, United Kingdom. We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA182447 and have also been independently approved as meeting the ISO27001:2013 standard for the secure management of information including personal data.
The personal data we collect about you
Personal data means any data that identifies or can be used to identify a person. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
You may provide the following kinds of personal data to us (Identity & Contact Data):
- Your name, job title, employer and contact details when you contact us by email or telephone
- The content of any messages you exchange with us by email or telephone and any posts or messages directed towards us on social media
We collect the following kinds of personal data about you (Technical & Usage Data):
- the IP address assigned to you or to someone who provides you with Internet access
- the unique identifier of the device used by you to visit our Website
- technical data about the device used by you to visit our Website including the type of device, operating software, browser and browser plug-ins and the screen resolution and time zone setting of your device
- data about how you browsed and searched our Website including how you arrived at our Website, the time and frequency of your visits, the time spent by you on each page, how you interacted with our Website, the links that you click, documents you download and content that you view
- your location (if you grant us access to it, though the IP address assigned to you or to someone who provides you with Internet access may indicate the country or territory from which you have visited our Website)
How your personal data is collected
The personal data that you may provide to us will generally be collected when you contact us by email or telephone or by any other means.
The data that we collect about you will be obtained:
- From third party analytics providers such as Google
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We will generally rely on one of three legal grounds for using your personal data:
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided those interests do not override your fundamental rights and interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for using your personal data, except in relation to sending you marketing by email. You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time either by contacting us or clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
Specifically, we will use your personal data as follows:
|Purpose(s)||Type(s) of data||Legal ground(s) for use|
|To respond to any query you have regarding the products or services we offer or any other matter , for example, coordinating conference arrangements or press releases||Identity & Contact Data||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for business development and marketing purposes and to respond to any queries or other correspondence)|
|To obtain limited demographic data about visitors to our Website and data about how our website is navigated so that we can improve and optimise it||Technical & Usage Data (although certain technical data may be personal data, we do not identify such data with Identity & Contact Data to identify you personally)||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our services, to keep our Website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
Who we share your personal data with
We do not sell any personal data for commercial purposes. However we may have to share your personal data with:
- Any third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or assets or third parties we may seek to acquire or merge with (if any change happens to our business, the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy)
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where your personal data is stored
With the exception of our hosting provider whose servers are located within the European Economic Area (EEA), many of the service providers that we use for our Website are based outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer personal data outside the EEA, we ensure that a similar degree of protection applies to your personal data either by ensuring the transfer is made to a country or territory that is recognised by the European Commission as providing a similar degree of protection; entering into contractual agreements that have been approved by the European Commission with such service providers; or ensuring that the services providers have self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
How we keep your personal data secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures (for example, access to our Website is secured using ‘https’ encryption) to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those within our organisation that have a need to access it. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are required to keep your personal data confidential. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or any other relevant regulator where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your personal data for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes we collected it for and to comply with any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine how long we keep your personal data for, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which it was collected and the potential risk of harm from us continuing to keep it.
We will retain Identity & Contact Data (contained in emails or recorded in our CRM) for as long as we remain in active contact with you and for a period of 2 years thereafter.
We will retain the analytical data collected about your use of our Website for a period of 26 months.
We may retain any data that does not identify you indefinitely.
The cookies used on our Website fall into the following categories:
- Analytical – used to recognise you when you visit our Website and how you interact with it
Except for essential cookies, we need your consent. You will be asked to confirm your consent when you first visit our Website. The specific cookies used by our Website are as follows:
|ga, gat, gid (note: these cookies are also stored by status.io for their own use when you visit our Service Status page)||Analytical||
2 years (ga),
24 hours (gid),
1 minute (gat)
|accepted||Essential||5 years||Used by us to record your acceptance to the use of non-essential cookies|
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- Access: You have the right to request access to and be provided with a copy of the personal data held about you together with certain information about the processing of such personal data to check that are holding it lawfully
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you
- Deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove any personal data held about you where there is no good reason for us to continue holding it or where you have exercised your right to object
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict how we hold your personal data, for example, to confirm its accuracy or our reasons for holding it
- Objection: You have the right to object to our holding of any personal data about you which is based on our legitimate interests or those of a third party based on your particular circumstances. You also have the right to object to our holding your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Portability: You have the right to receive or request that we transfer a copy of the personal data we hold about you in an electronic format where the basis of our holding such information is your consent or the performance of a contract and the information is processed by automated means
- Automated decision-making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing if it affects your legal rights or other equally important matters
- Complaints: You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or any other EU supervisory authority in relation to how we collect and use your personal data
You will not have to pay any fee to exercise any of the above rights though we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if any request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Where this is the case, we will let you know. To protect the confidentiality of your personal data we may ask you to verify your identity before fulfilling any request in relation to your personal data.